Thursday, May 26, 2011

Post 7: This Week in Science (Ecosystems)

In the last two weeks in science we designed our habitats and drew what we though it would look like. We also took a trip to this garden and we gathered things for our terrarium like worms, beetles, centipedes, and millipedes. We also took a test and made our own corrections. We also researched one organism in our terrarium.

I learned the scientific name for a garden spider, I also learned that the worms fertilize the plants and soil by leaving behind castings as a natural compost type material. I also learned centipedes are poisonous and Garden Centipede have venom claws directly behind their heads. They use these claws to attack prey.

I'm not sure what the venom of a garden centipede would do a human. I also don't know what the centipedes reaction to the spider would be, maybe they's fight because they're both predators.



No comments:

Post a Comment